Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm alive

2009 resolution #3 - write on my blog everyday ...

today's date - January 19

Status: FAIL

---------------------

So... obviously I haven't done very well with that resolution. But I won't give up! Even if no one reads this blog I still have a story to tell. It might be the most boring story ever but its my story!

My story today starts off at 5:15Am. I got up, got dressed, brushed my teeth and stretched for a few minutes. Than I left for Jackie's House (my running buddy) It was creepy foggy this morning. I couldn't see a thing in front of me driving which is quite scary going down a small dirt road. I kept getting flashes of scenes from various Scary slasher films where the silhouette of a man appears with a freakishly large knife by his side. And knowing me.. I'd be that stupid that just stands there for a few minutes giving him a pretty decent headstart.

Anyway.. off my wild tangent. I get to Jackie's and we set out. It's crunch time this week! Our 5k is this Saturday.. running out of time. We usually run around the block and walk the cul-de-sac but this morning we skipped the cul-de-sac all together. We got 2 miles out in 36 mins which isn't to bad. I aren't really doing this for time as of yet. I am just a beginner and I am just doing it to prove to myself that I can. And that if I put my mind to something I can do it.

The rest of the day I was a complete zombie! I was soo tired. With a headache to boot. I think Gwyn is getting into her terrible two stage already. Its 4 months early! She was into everything all day and just a grump. Her new thing to say to me now when I tell her to put something down is "But I WANT it!" So I had about a 5 minute stand off with her but finally she gave up and but the stuff back. Such a stinker but she is still so stinkin cute.

Chandler started a new letter with his reading lessons today. EEE. He is doing very well and I couldn't be more proud of him. He is taking to these lessons very well.. so far we only had one bad day. But after a short break he wanted to come back and try again. I love watching his mind grow and absorb everything around him.

Michael and I went to Lake City again today.. unfortunately Susan was not there so we wasted a day =/ Oh well. We can't be upset because she probably tried to contact us but I have no phone! On the bright side it was a nice car ride and nice conversation between us.

I don't realy have much else to say about today. Made dinner, bathed the kids, put them to bed. Now I am writing this and about to go lay down and go to sleep. That beautiful bed that I have been longing for all day. Goodnite =D

1 comment:

Karen said...

I hope you do better with your resolution! ;) Kelcey and I have stand-off's, too. Sounds like you and your family are doing good!

About Us

My photo
Alachua, Florida, United States
Michael - 26 Marissa - 27 Chandler - 7 Gwyneth - 4 Adele - 6 months