Monday, April 30, 2012
Saturday, April 21, 2012
My "baby" is 5 today. I told her it's not possible because she is my baby and she must be turning 2 maybe 3. But no. She informed me that she is no longer a baby and she is in fact 5. I guess for now I will give in to the universe telling me that my children are growing up and starting their journey in life. *sigh* In honor of the birthday girl this blog is all about her and a few of her favorite things.
Hello Kitty - her favorite picture (whatever that means)
Pinkalicious - Her favorite book
She LOVES to sing.. loudly and constantly ^_^
Shake it Up - One of her favorite shows
Horses and ponies - Her favorite animal
A.N.T Farm - another favorite show and Chine Anne Mcclain - another favorite singer
Selena Gomez - Favorite singer
My Little Ponies - Favorite Movie
Loves doing gymnastics
Favorite toy- barbie unicorn (although she doesnt have one hmm)
Loves to dance
pink and purple - her favorite colors
Favorite songs: (as featured on playlist)
Anything by Selena Gomez
Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
Dynomite - China Anne Mcclain
Calling all the Monsters - Chine Anne McClain
Exceptional - China Anne McClain
Some of my favorite baby pictures:
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
1) ear plugs. The boy talks loud. indoor voice means nothing to the kid.
2) answers. He asks questions and he'll ask the hard questions. He'll keep asking till he is satisfied.
3) A convincing story. If you are lying he will find that weak spot in your story and completely tear it down.
4) a white flag to surrender during an argument. If he knows he is right he will argue till the cows come home. Just give up now. It already gets crazy now but teenage years will be scary with his Dad.
5) a fire to put under his butt in the morning. My goodness he takes forever to get ready.
6) acceptance of the fact that he is just as smart as you and soon, very soon he will be doing your college math for you.
7) can't be easy going. Rules are rules with Chandler. They must not be broken.
8) a thick skin. he has a unique way to insult you while complimenting you. "wow mom.. this dinner is actually pretty good" "thanks buddy.. wait a min"
9) tissues cause when he is upset, it breaks your heart and you turn into an emotional puddle of goo.
10) be ok with the fact that he will probably never be athletic. He rather use his brain.
11) be aware that letting go of his control does not come easy to him. (he gets that from me)
12) be careful of his feelings. He is sensitive and does not respond well to being made fun of.
13) do you have a video game? he probably doesn't care about you than.
14) like a full moon? He's always showing you his -.-
15) be thankful that although you might need some therapy you have this amazing, loving, sensitive, and incredibly gifted young man to love forever.
In January I started my 3 month membership to the gym. I also started weight watchers. As of last Sunday, I lost 13 lbs already. WOOT! I also lost a couple inches in my waist and thighs. I still have a ways to go but this is the most results I've seen and I am super excited! Maybe I will soon match my super Hotty pants of a husband. =)
Back in September we signed Gwyn up for Soccer. She had been waiting for so long to turn 4 and for soccer to start. Her first practice she was a little nervous but she did great.
Look at that determination! She could run, kick, pass, etc. Than they played an actual game and she just melted into a crying puddle of goo. We just guessed it was nerves. Next practice, everything was going well until again they played a game. Complete shut down. So unfortunately we had to take her out. Too bad. She would have been good.
In January we however signed her up for Gymnastics. She is so good at it! The first day she was already flipping around the bars, walking the beam, and doing somersaults. Unfortuantely I don't have any pictures yet but she has her show in April so I'll get some pictures than.
We also signed Chandler up for Cub scouts. He was doing well and than Adele was born and things got a bit to crazy with her and also the building of our sunroom so that got put on the backburner. In January though we contacted the scoutmaster and he is now going back and catching up everything he missed.
This is him after getting his bobcat (very late). He got an astronomy belt loop last night and we are in the process and catching him up on all the other belt loops this month.
bare with me.. I'm catching up!
September 26, 2011 Adele Theresa Jespersen was born.
She was a week late and we went in on the 25th to start the induction. Getting the hospital bag ready, I started having small contractions. I didn't think much of it but they were constant and slowly getting closer together. We were a bit early to the hospital so we went to the bookstore to get Mike a book for the overnight stay. The contractions were getting a bit more uncomfortable. We got the hospital and got all settled in and the nurse confirmed that they were contractions and not the braxton hicks. So Adele I guess figured out we weren't bluffing about forcing her out and decided to make her way down.
Around midnight they put in the first pill thing and we both went to bed for 2 hours before the next pill. But mins later, sorry TMI, I swear a peed the bed. I was sooooo embarrassed. I didn't want to call the nurse because I was so embarrassed. A little while later the nurse came back in to check on me. I told her the contractions were getting more intense and I admitted that I peed. She lifted the covers and was like "Hunny thats not pee, your water broke!" (let me clarify that my water has never broken on its own so I didn't know what it felt like.) So they called they checked me and I was about an 8. When the contractions were getting really intense, they put some meds in my IV. Though it didn't take away the pain completely, it took the edge off, and I was seriously tripping. Hard. Everytime I closed my eyes to breath through the pain, I was in a different scene. The only two I remember was 1)we were all submerged in a submarine. 2) The room was full of empty catfood cans and I'm not sure but there was a body laying in one pile of the cans. (Thank goodness I don't do drugs. There's some serious sub-conscious stuff going there) This is me seriously trippin:
Finally I was at a ten and it was time to push. Like normal pushing didn't last all that long.. maybe 3-4 pushes? Than Adele came into this world. Chandler mini me.
7lbs 9oz. 21.5 inches long
instant Daddy's girl
proud big brother
Gwyn took a minute to warm up to her sister.
"Gwyn do you want to come give her a kiss?" "ummm no thanks"