Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Adele Theresa

bare with me.. I'm catching up!


September 26, 2011 Adele Theresa Jespersen was born.

She was a week late and we went in on the 25th to start the induction. Getting the hospital bag ready, I started having small contractions. I didn't think much of it but they were constant and slowly getting closer together. We were a bit early to the hospital so we went to the bookstore to get Mike a book for the overnight stay. The contractions were getting a bit more uncomfortable. We got the hospital and got all settled in and the nurse confirmed that they were contractions and not the braxton hicks. So Adele I guess figured out we weren't bluffing about forcing her out and decided to make her way down.


Around midnight they put in the first pill thing and we both went to bed for 2 hours before the next pill. But mins later, sorry TMI, I swear a peed the bed. I was sooooo embarrassed. I didn't want to call the nurse because I was so embarrassed. A little while later the nurse came back in to check on me. I told her the contractions were getting more intense and I admitted that I peed. She lifted the covers and was like "Hunny thats not pee, your water broke!" (let me clarify that my water has never broken on its own so I didn't know what it felt like.) So they called they checked me and I was about an 8. When the contractions were getting really intense, they put some meds in my IV. Though it didn't take away the pain completely, it took the edge off, and I was seriously tripping. Hard. Everytime I closed my eyes to breath through the pain, I was in a different scene. The only two I remember was 1)we were all submerged in a submarine. 2) The room was full of empty catfood cans and I'm not sure but there was a body laying in one pile of the cans. (Thank goodness I don't do drugs. There's some serious sub-conscious stuff going there) This is me seriously trippin:



Finally I was at a ten and it was time to push. Like normal pushing didn't last all that long.. maybe 3-4 pushes? Than Adele came into this world. Chandler mini me.
7lbs 9oz. 21.5 inches long

Beautiful girl

instant Daddy's girl

proud big brother

Gwyn took a minute to warm up to her sister.
"Gwyn do you want to come give her a kiss?" "ummm no thanks"




No comments:

About Us

My photo
Alachua, Florida, United States
Michael - 26 Marissa - 27 Chandler - 7 Gwyneth - 4 Adele - 6 months