Wednesday, March 4, 2009

5 year anniversary.. a bit late

On valentines weekend Michael and I went to Williamsburg Virginia to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Its somewhere I've always wanted to go so I am glad Mike was willing. I had a great time. history overload. We left on Thursday night and drove until probably midnight and slept in Georgia. Than we got up early and drove the next 7 hours all the way to Virginia. The place we stayed was beautiful! We stayed in the Martha Washington Suite. I have never stayed in a place that had a kitchen and a living room, whirlpool tub and washer and dryer! We went out to dinner that night and went back to our room since everything was closed for the night. The next day (our anniversary) we went to Colonial Williamsburg. Lots of walking around. We went into a court house to watch a reenactment of a trial and we were both selected to be on the high court with the "judge" and decided who was guilty and innocent. That was a lot of fun. Not a whole lot to describe. Basically just alot of walking and looking at old buildings. Than we went to dinner at Food For Thought which is said to be the best restaurant in Williamsburg. It was rather tasty. After dinner we went on a ghostwalk .. which was my favorite part of the whole weekend. But it was VERY cold.

The next day we went to Jamestown and Yorktown Battlefield.
After Yorktown we started driving home. We figureed we would drive till we both got tired and stop to sleep somewhere. After I drove Mike took over and I fell asleep. I don't know what got into him but he drove all the way home! We got home Monday morning at 5 AM! It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I've always wanted to go visit there. One day...

About Us

My photo
Alachua, Florida, United States
Michael - 26 Marissa - 27 Chandler - 7 Gwyneth - 4 Adele - 6 months