Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Its our duty.

So last night after our tire fiasco, Michael and I sat down and looked at the sample ballot and discussed each issue and what they were all about. and also looked up all the candidates and discussed what each one was about. so we filled out the sample ballot and were pretty much set to vote in the morning. There were I believe two amendments that we didnt really know what they were about so we didnt vote on those and we didnt vote on the judges cause we couldn't find ANY information on them ANYWHERE.

I got up at 6:30 this morning, got dressed and drove (Mikes car) to the voting precinct. There were a few people in line but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were alot of booths so it went rather quickly. i was talking to another lady and she said that she couldnt find any information on the judges either so she was voting for them. She didnt want to make a uninformed vote. So I felt better about that.

I went in a did my thing, got my sticker, and left. when I started the car the DJ's were talking about other places that were giving away free stuff like Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and Ben and Jerry's. WHAT?! lame. Oh well.. at least I did my American Duty. On the way home, the whole path way there were Obama signs that simply said Change. CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE. all the way home. I couldnt help but think of Monty Pythons Spam song. I would like change, change, change, change, sausage, and change. I DONT LIKE CHANGE!!!!! lol. I dunno.. it really turns me off of a candidate that feels they need to campaign THAT much. Its insane. I believe I saw one.. maybe 2 McCain signs.

Anyway I hope everyone got the opportunity to vote today. and I hope and I pray ( I REALLY REALLY pray) that this country gets put into the right hands.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I know a lot of people that aren't going out to vote, so I'm proud that you did go vote! It is important!

About Us

My photo
Alachua, Florida, United States
Michael - 26 Marissa - 27 Chandler - 7 Gwyneth - 4 Adele - 6 months