Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stranded

I had my appointment in Lake City yesterday at four as usual. Lake City is about 30 mins away from where I live by interstate. As I was coming home, I was behind this car and he did a really quick swerve out of the lane. It happened so quickly that I had no reaction time and I hit something.. a big something and it totally took out my back tire. At first I couldnt tell the tire was gone so I drove a bit but than it started getting out of my control .. but I tried the best I could to drive till I got to a call box which I did thankfully.
I pulled over and got out and looked at the tire.. or lack of.. totally gone. I pushed the button for the police and ran and jumped back into my car locked the doors and cried. Yes I know... I am a big baby. BUt I was alone of the side of the interstate in the middle of nowhere with no cellphone, no weapon of any kind.. in the pitch dark. One.. I am paranoid.. two.. I hate being alone.. and three I hate the dark.
But finally the officer came and she was kind enough to call my husband so he came to my rescue. We got the spare tire out and of course it was flat. *sigh* but it had enough air to put it on and drive to the next exit to get some air. SO we drove to a gas station put a dollar in the air machine and it broken.. GREEATT. Thats all the change we had. Luckily we were able to get home and had nice enough babysitters to watch the kids later than expected. But now I don't have a car cause we dont have the money to get new tires. Its my mission today to search the house for change (Wheres Obama with my promised change?) so I can put some air in the tire. So it was a fun night. But I was proud of my self for not letting in and destrying my whole night.

No comments:

About Us

My photo
Alachua, Florida, United States
Michael - 26 Marissa - 27 Chandler - 7 Gwyneth - 4 Adele - 6 months